- Two Wheels To Three Wheels After Epilepsy Diagnosis Meet Susan Reed, 71, from Tucson, Arizona. Susan was diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy (TLE) when she was 68 years old. According to her research, she is among the 60 percent whose reason why she developed epilepsy remains unknown. Susan is an avid cyclist and is seeking other cyclists in the Seize the World community.
- A TALE OF 2 ATROCITIES – (Special Edition) Meet Cecilia Garcia, 44, and her daughter, Emily Garcia, 18. Emily is among the more than 80% of reported women with intellectual disabilities who have been sexually assaulted during their lifetimes (*Craft, 1994). She was raped last year at a recreational establishment for youth. This story is as much about her struggles as her successes and future aspirations.
- Carpe D-Watkins: Seize Your Attitude Imagine - you’re 15 years old and about to walk through the magical gates of Disneyland in beautiful California. Suddenly, you feel yourself start to lose consciousness amid a large group of fellow mouseketeers. Next thing you realize is your only ride for the day will be in your parents’ car, after you’ve received an explanation from a stranger that you may have just had a seizure. This is how Danielle Watkins, 28, came to discover she had epilepsy. It's been a roller coaster ride ever since.
- Paws for The Cause On the eve of meeting his first seizure assistance dog, 10-year-old Nathan Schoonover, from Tomah, Wisconsin, excitedly anticipates life with his future yellow Labrador/ best friend, Bella. Meanwhile, Nathan’s grandmother Florette, and single mother Kari, recount the family’s journey to this point.
- Stephen Allen Bikes the Colorado Trail It has been over 4 years since Seize the World Foundation founder, Stephen Allen, completed his round the world bicycle tour to raise awareness for epilepsy. In fact, Seize the World was founded as a conduit to inform the world of this tour and inspire others living with epilepsy. In July, Stephen embarked on another inspirational adventure, a 2-week mountain bikepacking tour of the Colorado Trail.
|Seize The World empowers people with seizures to lead active and fulfilling lives through community–based programs that raise public awareness of epilepsy.|
|Seize The World is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity based in Denver, Colorado.We began helping people with epilepsy in 2008 through our Cycling The World program, which raised awareness of the idea that people with epilepsy can get out to lead active lives.Today, Seize The World is focused on a program called Share Your Story. Every month we profile a new Share Your Story Star who leads an active life in spite of their seizure disorder or who helps others to do so.|